Territory of the communities of Orvieto, Allerona, Alviano, Baschi, Castel Giorgio, Castel Viscardo, Ficulle, Guardea, Montecchio, Fabro, Montegabbione, Monteleone d’Orvieto, Castiglione in Teverina, Civitella d’Agliano, Graffignano, Lubrano, Bagnoregio and Porano.
– Trebbiano toscano dal 20% al 40%.
– Grechetto minimo 40%.
– Drupeggio, Malvasia Toscana, the last of which must not exceed 20%. Up to 10% of other wine grapes recommended and acknowledged by the administrative department of the area of production.
It is bound to take place within the production area designated by the authorities of the appellation. The yeald of pressing must not exceed 65% of the total juice available from the grapes.
– Alcohol: 12% vol
– Total acidity: 5 – 6
– Sight: Giallo paglierino brillante;
– Smell: Delicate, yet persistent; with floral hints of acacia and lime blossom, of fruit (ripe apple) and of toasted bread.
– Taste: Dry, fresh, well balanced, of medium body.
To serve with
hors-d’oeuvres, white meats and fish dishes.