Delimitated territory in the provinces of Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia and Siena.
– 70-100% Sangiovese;
– Up to 10% of Canaiolo nero;
– Trebbiano toscano and Malvasia del Chianti up to 10%;
– Up to 10% of other wine grapes recommended and acknowledged by the administrative department of the production area.
The vinification must take place within the production area, designated by the authorities of the appellation
1st of March in the year following the vintage.
– Alcohol: 12.5 %
– Total acidity: 5- 5,5
– Sight: lively ruby-red, beautifully intense, evolving to garnet with ageing.
– smell: fine, persistent, reminding of wild berries, evolving towards spicy notes with ageing.
– Taste: dry, recalling the sensations of the flavour, good structure; sapid, cheerful, supple, a young and well balanced wine. With time
16 – 18°C
To serve with
It is a wine that will accompany the whole meal. It matches well with most dishes of Italian cooking, from antipasti to cheese, with first courses, main dishes and meat.