The hilly area around Florence, from south-west to south.east (from Montelupo Fiorentino till Fiesole passing by Lastra a Signa, Scandicci, Impruneta, Bagno a Ripoli and Rignano sull´Arno, Pontassieve), with 3 ramifications that go down south inclusing the following villages: on the west side: Montespertoli, San Casciano Val di Pesa, Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, till Certaldo and Barberino Val d´Elsa; more on the east side, Incisa and Figline Val d´Arno; and on the extreme east, a narrow territory from Pelago to Reggello.
– 75-100% Sangiovese;
– Up to 10% of Canaiolo nero;
– Up to 10% of Trebbiano toscano and Malvasia del Chianti
– Up to 10% of other wine grapes recommended and acknowledged by the administrative department of the production area.
1st September of the year following the harvest
– Alcohol: 12.5 %
– Total acidity: 5- 5,5
– Sight: lively ruby red with evolving to granade with ageing;
– Smell: Intense, sometimes with violet scent and with ageing more delicay chaaracter;
– Taste: Harmonic, sapid, slighlty tannis, refining with time passing by to soft velvet..